Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Explanation

So, I'm not even really sure what I'm doing as a blogger. You may have noticed. Sometimes I am really prolific, and then other times I fall off the face of the planet for weeks at a time.

Sometimes I feel like the main purpose of this blog is to be useful to others - as evidenced by Food Storage Fridays and my somewhat lame attempts at creating tutorials. Then, other times, I think maybe this is just a place for me to come and ruminate about things I'm thinking or reading about and hopefully get a discussion going. And then there are those times when I just want to show pictures of my adorable kid.

But a lot of times, I think I am writing this blog mostly because I want my little slice of people's attention. You know, "Look at me! Look at me!" type stuff. And that's when I stop writing. Because I start to feel like, if all I'm doing is attempting to show off (and show off what exactly?) then maybe I need to get a life. Oh, and I start to feel like I really don't have anything to show off, so I should really quit.

But then I go back to all those other reasons, and I realize I do want to be useful, I do want to talk about interesting and puzzling things, and heck the world deserves as many pictures of my adorable kid as are available. That's just the truth. So here you go:


So, anyway, I guess that's my explanation for the sporadic nature of this blog. Thanks for still coming back from time to time. I can't promise those little demon voices of doubt and self-ridicule won't come back and make me take a sabbatical, but I do promise to keep trying to be interesting. It's a life-long quest.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

You should always blog. And I love reading when you do! :) And Isaac is adorable!

M.C. Sommers said...

I have many of these same thoughts when I am blogging. BUT I love your blog and I love your food storage Fridays and photos of your adorable boy...so keep on blogging please!

Jessica said...

I miss your posts. You should come back once in a while. (I know things are busy, but I just wanted to let you know you are missed)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...