Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday: Mailing Envelopes

I have a lot of scrapbook paper lying around, since I used to think I might actually do some scrapbooking, but now I've resigned myself to the fact that it simply isn't my craft. I'll stick with photo albums and just admire the beautiful scrapbooks of others. I don't have to do everything, right?

Anyway, I also have a ton of bubble wrap leftover from our move. Are you sensing a pattern here? If it can possibly be useful, I really don't like throwing it away.

So, with these powers combined I'm now able to save a buck or two when it comes to mailing out my creations to the lovely people who buy them. :)



Here's how to make 'em.

You'll need:
2 sheets of scrapbook paper, paper grocery bags, book pages - any sturdy paper will do

bubble wrap
glue (I used a glue stick)
sewing machine and thread
this tutorial by Swirly Thoughts


Steps:

Follow Swirly Thoughts' tutorial, except use glue to stick everything together rather than double-sided tape.

When everything is put together, bring it all over to the sewing machine and sew a straight stitch along the three closed sides.

And there you have it! When you're ready to mail something, just place your contents inside, and glue down the flap. I also use tape to secure everything. Then send it off!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...